We received 100s of cards from you sharing why you love your church. We love knowing why you are excited to come to church, programs and events at St. John.
We hope you'll be so excited and encouraged that you'll want to share why you love St. John Church, too. Add your comments below.
- because the messages, actions and activities are real. Anonymous
- This card isn't big enough for all the reasons why I love my church. But most importantly--how it makes me smile the entire time I.'m here! It just makes me feel arm, fuzzy and uplifted every time I'm here. Thanks for being awesome. Anonymous
- because it is where my community is. Despite what life has thrown at me, the Christian people here are being Jesus to me and more importantly to others outside our walls. Also our incredible teaching pastors and staff. Anonymous
- because it has brought my family closer together. It has helped us become better people and to see what is really important in life-family, friends and God. Anonymous
- The outreach is incredible, both for our community and international, the focus is on serving others. The services at St. John are solidly Bible based, fun and a friendly congregation. What's not to love? Anonymous
- Saved my soul when I was struggling with my son's addictions. Anonymous
- because it's the only place I want to be on Sunday mornings. Anonymous
- because we have a huge heart for spreading love, Jesus' love, to those who are unchurched and searching. My church seeks out the lost and that's what it is all about! I love my church also because the preaching/sermons are both relevant and compelling, while at the same time they still deliver the law and Gospel. The sermons haven't sold out, they still use God's word. Anonymous
- The presence of God is truly amazing whether it's in worship, music, preaching, children's ministry. I just feel God's amazing love when we do anything. You can tell everyone loves being a part of St. John and so do we. Anonymous
- because every week, when I screw up, I can come and hear exactly what I need to hear. I can hear God's voice through these preachers. Anonymous
- The second or third time I attended church I was asking myself "Why am I here since I am not Lutheran? Pastor Hower immediately said "It doesn't matter your background, you are welcome here!". It was as though he had heard my silent question and was talking directly to me. I knew at that moment St. John was my church home. I had stopped attending services after high school (almost 40 years). Through the incredible weekly messages, I have been led back to Christ. Anonymous