Christ in Action Furniture Program
St. John Christ in Action currently has an agreement with the St. Vincent DePaul (SVDP) thrift shops to trade donated furniture for store credits to be used by families/individuals seeking help from St. John. This enables the Christ in Action(CIA) committee to provide furniture, household items and clothing to needy families in our area. New bedding is also available for purchase by the CIA team for families suffering tragedy.
If you would like to donate furniture for credits and support needy families in our area through this program, please do the following:
- Call St. Vincent DePaul at 314.881.6006 and request a truck to pick up the items. (Items dropped off at the store do not count.)Please provide the scheduler a specific list of items you are donating.
- State that the donation is “a credit for St. John Church in Ellisville.”
- St. Vincent DePaul will provide you with a date and time window when the donation will be picked up.
- On the day of pickup, the truck driver will take only those items which you listed by telephone to the scheduler. Again, please state the donation is a credit for St. John Church in Ellisville.
- A list of items available for pickup can be downloaded below.
- Small household items need to be boxed.
- You will receive a receipt for your tax records.
- All items need to be on the ground level for pick up.
If you do not see an item listed, please know that it is not an acceptable item.
If you are one of our faithful members who donates to Bethesda Thrift Shop on Manchester Road, please continue to support that ministry to the mentally handicapped and drop off items at the Bethesda Thrift Shop. You may want to consider using the above program for larger furniture donations that need to be picked up. For more information on the program at Bethesda Thrift Shop, call 636.256.6630.
For further information please contact Phil Metzing. who is currently in charge of the Christ in Action furniture program at St. John at or 314.922.5369.